CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

THERE ARE NO WORDS...

The advantage to working in news is you know everything that's going on in every state in this country and several countries in the world. The bad thing about working in news is you know everything that's going on in every state in this country and several countries around the world. Some things you read will disgust you, delight you, make you question your faith, make you have faith, and every emotion and thought in-between those things.
There was a story today that I will never forget for the rest of my life. A couple in Colorado had three sons. The first died of sids as an infant. The second was killed at the age of 16 on his way to homecoming. The third son was hit by a truck and killed at the age of seven. First of all, no parent should have to bury a child, let alone all three... it's unfathomable. But don't stop reading. The couple, obviously devastated, felt empty, useless, lost, for years. The only thing they wanted to do in life was be parents. So they decided to try again and this time they used a surrogate. The woman had a complicated pregnancy that had them once again asking, why us? Why all the heartache?? On Christmas Eve, their surrogate gave birth to triplets... two boys and a girl. The three voids the couple had for years were filled. The mother said she knows it was her boys sending them a blessing and she's also positive this is a sign of good luck for once...signifying that the future is full of hope. At this point of the story, I was full of tears and so many other emotions there are no words for.
So many questions were going through my soul throughout the dozens of times I read this. At the beginning I found myself asking how could there be a God when something like this happens? By the end, I found myself asking, how could there not be?? I don't know what the great lesson is here...people always say things like...maybe there's a reason for everything and positive things can happen from tragedy. Maybe the lesson is: when three doors close, three more can open. But what I think it says is this -- there are a lot of things in life we can't understand and for some reason shouldn't. But in the end, if you have faith that things will work out, they can... even when you think it's not possible to go on.
By the way, each of the newborns will forever be connected to the brothers they never got to meet. The three boys' names are the three newborns' middle names.
Watch the story from KMGH here. When I checked this, there was only audio from the parents at the end, but certainly some beautiful video of the babies all throughout.
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel so bad for those parents, but I don't really find god anywhere in the story. Having kids myself, I can't imagine their grief, and having 3 new babies, while a nice coincidence, I don't think it would ever fill the void left by the ones that are gone...

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten a chance to hear the story yet but no matter if God is mentioned in the story itself or not, I totally understand what you are saying with the God connection through it. As you said, sometimes we don't understand or may never know why things happen but eventually, we might have a change of situation to try and help us understand as much as we can. I totally believe in one door closing to another door opening....and it might take while but there is where that Faith thing comes in. Something we need to believe in.