CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

LITTLE PLANES ARE FUNNY

I need to talk to you all about little planes. I recently traveled and was on several little planes for all my flights.... ya know the kind that always smell like cigarettes, even though you can't smoke on or near them. The lights are usually flickering, which makes you wonder what would happen if some fuses blew on a plane....and realizing you really don't want to find out. Then they do funny things like page the flight attendant over the intercom...when she's sitting directly behind the captain's door. The captain pages: Betty please call the cabin....and then she opens the door and says what do u guys need? And it happens three or four times...each time is funnier by the way. I was in seat 1A so I got to laugh out loud where they could hear me!

What's great is on a 27-minute flight to Chicago, they will serve you a complimentary soda...
What is the need? The flight attendant has just enough time to hop up once we're in air, scoot down the itty bitty aisle...then she takes your drink before you've sipped it because she has to throw it away so we can land. I find this whole process completely hilarious. Apparently I was the only one because I was cracking up the whole 27 minutes, and everyone was looking at me like....oh man, if anyone plans to bring this plane down it's that woman up there laughing at the voices in her head. Maybe I should have hopped on the intercom to tell the guy next to me I was laughing at the small plane experience.
Sidenote: While flying high in the sky we passed over a neighborhood and the lights were lit up like three huge crosses. This was not on purpose because you could see these were homes, and the homes in the crosses just happened to have their lights on. It was incredible and everyone on the plane was talking about it. Coincidence....maybe, but I was flying 32,000 feet above ground, so I said a quick Hail Mary just in case : )

0 comments: