CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 3, 2007

FAMOUS LINES

A co-worker and I were talking about lines from songs that stand out to us for one reason or another. His line was: "What about those shoes you're in today... They'll do no good on the bridges you've burnt along the way." The line I always think of is from John Mayer and it says [she] "poses for pictures that aren't being taken." I love that because it describes so many people that I know, but I could never find the words. It's completely perfect. I asked my boyfriend about a line that stands out to him...it's from a controversial song by Audioslave... "Choose your battles, not your soldiers... you're never sure of their colors." We kind of disagree on whether this song is controversial, but that's not the point of this post. I'll assume I'm right for now since it's my blog.... very powerful words though. Tell me yours!

6 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

I don't know about famous, but it does describe a few things in my life.: "Yesterday, I had a vision. Today, it just looks like another bad decision".

john Q said...

two:
"I thought I was smart / I thought I was right / I thought it better not to fight / I thought there was a Virtue in always being cool"
-flaming lips

"Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control.
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul.
Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned:
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned."
l cohen.

Anonymous said...

Not really famous, but it rings true:
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains.. and we never even know we have the key."
-- the Eagles' "Already Gone"

Common Sense Dude said...

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon

NIKOLI said...

"She wears a long fur coat of mink, even in the summertime." - Sheila E. :)

true hot sex stories said...

When she didI again asked how was her night. ``I dont know.
interracial black and white sex stories
birthday spanking stories
fiction rape stories xnxx
free gay spanking stories
true sex incest stories
When she didI again asked how was her night. ``I dont know.