CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WELCOME TO THE DIRTY SOUTH!

I apologize it's been so long since I've posted. I promise I am saving up many tales to share, but this move has been long, hard, and hectic! I am now in the great state of South Carolina and have completed my first two days at my new job. News is so interesting in different parts of the country. What is crazy is... the underlying importance is still the same. Your viewers are always hard-working people who want to be heard and feel like someone is on their side. It's incredible the comfort a news organization can give to someone... you really do have the power to change people's lives. It sounds so cliche and over-dramatic, but I swear it's true. I will talk to you all soon! My internet doesn't get hooked up until this Saturday, so things will pick up then!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an inflated, false sense of what your job really is...at least we know why local news ratings are continuing to drop

Katie said...

Ouch! That seems a little harsh and unnecessary.

Good to hear that you're getting settled. Good luck at the new job!

Anonymous said...

I've got to agree with the first poster- get over yourself.

Jen Christensen said...

Meghan, so glad to hear you're keeping your spirits up with your first job far away! Enjoy it! I had so much fun living in different cities and meeting all kinds of people. I'm sure it will be challenging, but well worth it!
We miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys made it and are starting your new direction in life and I'm sure it will be hectic for a bit but you do well with hectic and will get it ironed out. You have had alot happen here lately. Just remember to step back and take time for yourself if needed. (let me talk to your other half-does he have a spoon handy to give to you:))

Anonymous said...

I love it when people want to say something juicy but put "anonymous". I think two of you are really jumping to conclusions about my post. It has nothing to do with me, it's what I've witnessed in a short period of time on a few very huge stories. It has everything to do with my new co-workers and an admiration for their work. Saying media can influence people's lives does not mean I did it personally... and certainly not within my first two days of work. I think it's people with instant pessimism from vague comments that we have something to worry about in this life. Please get your facts straight before telling me to get over myself... or acting like I have a false sense of my job. I think you have some more reading to do before making such a claim.

Anonymous said...

I stand by my original post. Enjoy South Carolina

Anonymous said...

Wow! For such a strong opinion, you'd think that "anonymous" would have the balls to post a name. I too, think they should do a little more research about the facts. What an ass!